Effective Brand Promotion With Promotional Reusable Coffee Cups
in Coffee Cups by Dave
Promotional reusable coffee cups are fast becoming one of the most popular products in Australia – they seem to be everywhere we turn, either being sold or advertised. This is because there are many benefits to owning a cup that is reusable, most important of which are to do with their environmental impact (or lack thereof). In this article, we have taken a closer look at some of the top reasons and benefits for why they are so important.
Why should I use reusable cups?
In short, you should invest in them because conventional disposable ones are bad for the planet. In fact, disposable ones are actually a danger to the environment – the popularity of coffee, tea and hot chocolate as takeaway beverages has only magnified the amount of damage that one of these cups can have. We need to do something before it’s too late.
- Paper – Did you know that the paper used in your morning cup of coffee cannot be recycled? This is due to the materials used in their manufacture – from the glue that holds them together to the different chemicals used to make them waterproof, heatproof and slightly insulated (so that they aren’t too hot to hold). It has been reported that a shocking 20 million trees are cut down globally each and every year just to produce enough paper for this.
- Styrofoam – Although not as popular in Australia, Styrofoam is another material that is commonly used in the production of disposable takeaway cups. This material is just as bad for the environment as paper, as Styrofoam doesn’t biodegrade easily, which results in a lot of extra landfill (and our tips are getting fuller all the time).
Is reusable the solution?
In short, the answer is yes. We’re not likely to stop our coffee, tea and hot chocolate drinking habits anytime soon, so reusable coffee cups will prevent a lot of extra waste from ending up in landfill. The important thing, of course, is to ensure that you actually use the cup on a daily basis and that you aren’t caught without one on you (leading to the use of a disposable one).
How do I add them to my routine?
We understand that changing habits is hard, which is why we have compiled a few ideas to help you integrate promotional reusable coffee cups into your regular routine:
- Don’t store them in a cupboard, as this almost ensures that you’ll forget them. Keep them in your bag or on your desk. This will remind you to take them along whenever you head out for a coffee.
- Clean them as soon as possible, as this will allow you to only give them a quick rinse. Don’t wait for stain to build up, as this makes cleaning more difficult and you’ll be less inclined to use it.
- Consider what type of cup will suit your lifestyle better. There are plastic, ceramic and glass options available – plastic is great for those who are a bit clumsy, whilst glass is the easiest to clean.